full day | 8-24 participants | professionals with less than 6 years of experience
Communicating effectively is one of the biggest obstacles people face in the workplace. Whether a person is sending an email, working one-on-one, or participating in a meeting, communication is a constant challenge. This workshop is specifically designed to help employees learn the critical day-to-day communication skills necessary to succeed on the job.
In this workshop, the trainer discusses how to communicate effectively through email. Participants learn the importance of non-verbal communication skills including: greetings, attire and first impressions. The course covers verbal communication skills so employees can convey their point-of-view assertively in a meeting or a one-on-one with the boss. They also discover the importance of listening skills in the workplace, and importantly, learn how to deliver and receive feedback.
Participants leave this course with the tools to:
- Make a strong, positive first impression with co-workers and business professionals
- Express confidence while attending meetings with managers, clients, and fellow team members.
- Communicate clearly over the phone and via voicemail
- Listen attentively and connect with the speaker
- Avoid commonly made mistakes and professionalize business emails
- Write succinct, powerful business emails, memos, and other written reports for internal and external audiences
- Understand what's appropriate to send via email and what is not
This seminar provides engaging activities, interactive discussions and encourages participants to establish an action plan for self-improvement in everyday communications.